Say “fir-well” to your Christmas tree and start the New Year off right by turning your discarded tree into nutrient-rich wood chip mulch! Even if you opted for an artificial tree or living tree, you can still help yourself to the mulch at no cost (while supplies last). See below for dates and locations.
Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2018 – Sunday, Jan. 14, 2018; 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Montessa Park Convenience Center, 3512 Los Picaros SE, Albuquerque
- Eagle Rock Convenience Center, 6301 Eagle Rock NE, Albuquerque
- Ladera Golf Course, 3401 Ladera NW, Albuquerque
Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2018 – Friday, Jan. 12, 2018; 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Rio Rancho Sports Complex, 3501 High Resort Blvd. SE, Rio Rancho
- Sandoval County Landfill, 2708 Iris Rd. NE, Rio Rancho (no free mulch at this location)
NOTE: Limit five trees per resident. Trees must be stripped of ornaments and decorations. Only real trees will be accepted, no artificial trees. For more information call 311, TTY 711, or visit www.cabq.gov/solidwaste.