There are few bulbs that will add a splash of life to your home during the winter season. Amaryllis and paperwhites are both easy-to-grow holiday bulbs:
Easy-to-grow flower during the holiday season! Large, colorful blooms available in shades of white, pink and red will adorn your home in 7-10 weeks. Plant in groupings for a dramatic effect!
• Before planting soak bulbs in lukewarm water for 18 hours.
• Make sure plant is in space that is 60-70 degrees. The warmth will help the bulb bloom faster.
• Place bulbs up to the base in well-draining soil with the pointy end upwards. You can also plant this bulb in pebbles.
• Water once top inch of soil is dry.
For a finishing touch, add spanish moss to your container.
Easy-to-grow flower during the holiday season! White fragrant blooms will adorn your space in 4-6 weeks. Plant in groupings for a dramatic effect! One of the easiest plants to grow indoors during winter.
• Light: Bright, indirect light
• Place bulbs 1” below well-draining soil with the pointy end upwards. You can also place bulbs without soil in a dish of pebbles.
• Space 1” between other bulbs
• Water thoroughly once soil is slightly dry. For pebbles, keep water touching the roots.
• Tip: Add 4% rubbing alcohol to water for a shorter paperwhite