Skip to content
Tree Planting Guide
- Dig a hole twice as wide but only as deep as the container.
- Mix the soil from the hole with Back To Earth compost and/or peat moss at a ratio of 1:3 to 1:2.
- Gently remove plant from container and loosen roots.
- Set plant in hole at ground level and fill with prepared soil mixture
- Build a berm of soil around the hole, a little wider than the original container. Water to soak deeply. Apply a root stimulator solution.
- Water everyday for up to 2 weeks, then every other day. Water once a week in the winter.
- Watering Schedule:
1x a week in March
2x a week in April & May
3x a week in June, July, Aug
2x a week in Sept & Oct
1x a week in Nov
1x a month in Dec, Jan, Feb